The Foundation CAUX – Initiatives of Change is an officially recognized independent foundation. It established Caux Initiatives for Business (CIB),an Initiatives of Change (IofC) Program, focusing on people from business and industry.
The Aims of the Foundation
- To work for a more just society by strengthening the ethical foundations of democracy;
- To help heal the wounds of history;
- To encourage care and responsibility in family life and personal relationships;
- To strengthen ethical commitment in economic life;
- To forge networks among people from different faiths and cultures.
The Foundation seeks to attain these aims by promoting ethical standards of honesty, purity, love and selflessness as guiding lines for personal behaviour and for our commitments to society. To work in this direction, it depends on many forms of voluntary work and giving.
Other tasks of the Foundation also include management and maintenance of the conference centre in the former Caux-Palace hotel above Montreux; Villa Maria, etc. in Switzerland.
Today, CIB programs are legally and financially under the IofC National bodies, under Caux Foundation’s aegeis.